It’s great that you’ve moved to microservices, but how are you distributing secrets? This talk offers an overview of Vault’s unique approach to secret management by providing secrets as a service for services (and humans), that is highly scalable and easily customizable to fit any environment. This talk has two primary goals: identify the new security challenges associated with using cloud technologies and microservices, and showcase how the free and open source tool, Vault, can help reduce those security challenges
- Discussion of traditional security (perimeter security, firewalls, etc.)
- Identifying new challenges and solutions in cloud and microservices security
- Describe Vault’s architecture and how it provides "secrets as a service"
- Storing static secrets such as Wi-Fi credentials
- Generating dynamic secrets, such as database passwords or cloud credentials
- Providing encryption as a service