In this talk, Lawrence Shea will convince you your parents were wrong, and procrastination is a best practice. We’ll cover what caching is, queuing, why you (probably) don’t need live data, why you should push everything off until later, and how we can get our lazy on with Redis.
High-level overview of the talk:
- What is caching?
- Where caching can be applied in your project.
- Audience involvement, a quick game showing how “perceived” performance is just as good as “real” performance.
- What is queuing?
- Where queuing can be applied in your project.
- What is Redis?
- Code samples and real-world examples of Shea’s Redis caching in various languages.
- Speed test examples showing cache versus DB, expensive calculation, etc.
- Code samples and real-world examples of Shea’s Redis queuing in various languages.