Call for Speakers
What We Look For
For Mid-Atlantic Developer Conference we are looking for a broad range of submissions covering a wide range of topics that are of interest to today’s computer developers. Examples include:
- Topics related to development: deployment, DevOps, databases, caching, performance, scalability, APIs, etc
- Non-technical proposals appealing to a tech audience: open source, leadership, mentoring, health, work-life balance, management, customer service, and more!
Given the nature of the event, extra emphasis will be placed on submissions that appeal to a larger range of developers, such as those that cross language barriers. While workshop submissions are allowed, based upon final scheduling concerns, we may choose to not include any workshops in the event this year.
We recognize the effort that goes into preparing a presentation and wish to support that. We do however have limited funds as this is a growing conference, so some preference will be given to speakers who are local and/or don’t need the reimbursement. We are offering:
- A free ticket to the conference
- An economy flight booked by us, or similar travel reimbursement (mileage, Amtrak, etc)
- Two night’s hotel room (which includes breakfast, lunch & dinner for your stay)
Suggestions for Getting Accepted
We heartily suggest that you submit more than one proposal. Many speakers may be asked to present two talks due to budget. Therefore the more submissions you make, the higher your chances of being accepted. Make sure your talk title and description clearly define what attendees will learn in your session. Use your voice and express yourself to us personally. Include references to any previous presentation experience that you have.
A team of reviewers will be assembled from leaders in the development community. The team will review all submissions and rate them accordingly based on their quality and relevance. Upon completion, those ratings will be used to put together the best schedule we feel that we can. Our goal is to create a balanced conference with a cross-section of useful topics. We will be notifying our speakers in April as we publish the schedule.
Code of Conduct
We do require all our speakers to follow our Code of Conduct. Please familiarize yourself with it.